2012 Olympics: South West London Road Closures
Plan your traffic and travel for the London 2012 Olympics - with millions of extra people coming to London for the Games, the capital's roads will face additional pressure.
There will be a number of road closures in place in South West London to ensure the smooth running of the Games and significant disruption is expected.
|All London Road Closures
|Central London||North West London|
|North East London||West London|
|East London|| South West London
|Latest Traffic and Travel News in London
South West London Road Closures for 2012 Olympics
Street Map Key
Red Roads: Olympic Route Network Core route
Heavily used every day of the Games with most extensive traffic management measures
Blue Roads: Venue-specific route
May only operate on days when competition is taking place at venue
Green Circles: 2012 Olympic Venues
South West London Road Closures
The following road closures will be in effect from the final week of July to the middle of August. There will also be minor closures during the Paralympic Games in September.
- The A3 and A219 Wimbledon Parkside are on the Olympic Route Network and will have a significant increase in traffic.
- A lane of the A3 has been allocated as a Games Lane, meaning it is closed to general traffic, from Mere Close to Tibbet's Corner.
- Wandsworth High Street contains a Games Lane westbound in the one-way system from Fairfield Street to Putney Bridge Road.
- A3205 York Road, Battersea Park Road and Nine Elms Lane will contain a Games lane both ways from Wandsworth Roundabout to Vauxhall.
- Somerset Road to operate as one way from Burghley Road to Parkside
- The Cycle Syperhighway will be suspended from Wandsworth Roundabout to Alfreda Street on Battersea Park Road.
- Millbank and Vauxhall Bridge Road will contain Games Lanes, not accessible to general traffic.
- A3212 St Margaret's Street and Abingdon Street will be closed to all vehicles except Official Games vehicles.
- No right turn from Millbank to Horseferry Road.
Olympic Cycling Road Race Road Closures
The following South West London roads will be on the Olympic Cycling Road Race route and will be closed on 28th July 2012 from 5am to until early afternoon. The later the area is in the race, the later the roads will re-open.
- Putney Bridge Road, Putney
- Putney High Street, Putney
- A205 Upper Richmond Road, Putney
- Priory Lane, Roehampton
- Sawyer's Hill, Richmond Park
- Star and Garter Hill, Richmond
- Petersham Road, Richmond
- Richmond Bridge, Richmond
- Richmond Road, Twickenham
- York Road, Twickenham
- King Street, Twickenham
- Cross Deep, Twickenham
- Waldegrave Road, Twickenham
- A309 Park Road, Teddington
- Chestnut Avenue, Bushey Park
The route then heads into Surrey, before returning to the following route:
- Hampton Court Road, Bushey Park
- Horse Fair, Kingston
- Wood Street, Kingston
- A308 London Road, Kingston
- Queen's Road, Kingston
- Queen's Road, Richmond Park
- The route then meets Sawyer's Hill and re-traces itself to The Mall.