Can You Pass Our Highway Code Quiz?
Thursday 5th April 2012
One in six drivers simply ignore road signs which they don't understand, according to a recent survey.
It found that many drivers are in danger because they can't remember simple rules and road signs.
Julia Hartley-Brewer is asking how well do you know the Highway code? Take our quiz and see if you can get full marks.
1. On a long motorway journey boredom can cause you to feel sleepy. You should?
- Leave the motorway
- Find a safe place to stop
- Ensure a supply of fresh air into your vehicle
- All of the above
2. What is the speed limit for cars towing a small caravan on a motorway?
3. What is the speed limit on a road with street lights but no speed limit signs?
4. Who has priority at an unmarked crossroads?
5. What is the nearest you can park to a junction?
6. What do green studs on a motorway mean?
7. What does this sign mean?
9. What is the correct sequence for traffic lights at junctions?
- Red and amber, green, red
- Green, amber, red
- Red, red and amber, green, amber
- Red, amber, green, amber
10. Who can be helped by school crossing patrol officers?
- Anyone who wants to cross
- Cyclists and children only
- Children under 14 only
- Adults with young children