Central Line Strike: How You Will Be Affected
Friday 22nd August 2014
Drivers on the Central Line have gone on strike, causing disruption across the city.
Members of Aslef have walked out for 24 hours in a row with management over the respect and dignity they are being shown.
Important Travel Information For Friday 22nd August
- The Central Line will not run through central London due to the strike action.
- TfL are run a service in the east and west of town - between White City and Ealing Broadway and between Leytonstone and Epping.
- No trains are expected to run early mornings or late at night.
- There is no service on the Waterloo & City Line.
- Extra buses are running on current routes.
Nigel Holness, London Underground's Operations Director, said: "Despite some progress being made during talks, ASLEF leadership have decided to press ahead with this unnecessary strike action and disrupt customers journeys this morning.
"Our staff and volunteers are working hard this morning to keep London moving and I would advise our customers where possible, please plan ahead and check before you travel."