Could You Pass The New UK Citizenship Test?
Monday 28th January 2013
Immigrants who want to settle in Britain will be tested on Shakespeare, the Beatles and Henry VIII.
Ministers have unveiled a new citizenship test, meaning foreigners will need to answer questions on British culture in a new test on Life In The UK.
The test is aimed at encouraging migrants to integrate into society and will replace a citizenship exam introduced by Labour seven years ago which asked for knowledge of human rights.
Do you know enough about Britain to pass? Find out if you could pass the new citizen test below.
Could you pass the new test on Britishness?
1) Which composer wrote Land of Hope and Glory?
2) Who was Henry VIII's second wife?
3) Which Briton invented the television?
4) What was the Beatles' first number one single?
5) Which Shakespeare play features Puck and Lysander?
6) What year was the Magna Carta?
7) Which British scientist described the Three Laws Of Motion?
8) Who was known as 'The Lady With The Lamp'?
9) Name the missing member of Monty Python: John Cleese, Terry Jones, Graham Chapman, Terry Gilliam...
10) Who is the Patron Saint of Scotland?