skip to content skip to search skip to navigation Listen Live skip to logon
Saturday 1st November 2014
Max 16°C | Min 13°C

Ealing Restaurant Closed After Dead Rat Found

Friday 15th August 2014

Unannounced inspections by food safety officers have lead to four Ealing businesses being forced to close.
 
Ealing restaurant dead rat 
Rat carcasses, droppings, flies and contaminated food were just some of the problems food safety officers found when they carried out surprise inspections of food businesses in Ealing.

Coco Noodle Bar, on Ealing Broadway, was forced to close for a week after dirt, droppings and a rat carcass were found. This is the third time in 8 years that Noodle Bar has been closed for food safety reasons. The restaurant’s owner, Michael Ly, has reportedly already paid £30,000 in fines for the first two instances.

Other businesses caught by the inspections were:

- Balaji Foods, a sweet manufacturer, closed temporarily due to a “poor standard of cleaning and pest control”.

- Bilal Halal Meat, on Winford Parade, closed temporarily due to mouse infestations, flies and contaminated food.

- Kabul Restaurant, on The Broadway in Southall, closed for 2 weeks due to a mouse infestation, and dirt and grease throughout.

Councillor Julian Bell, leader of Ealing Council, said: “These are some revolting examples of what can happen when businesses do not maintain proper standards of cleanliness which is ultimately their own responsibility. We take food safety very seriously and actively uncover and immediately shut down restaurants and food traders right across the borough who put the public in danger.”

The businesses have now re-opened after addressing the problems to the satisfaction of Ealing Council. 

Comments