David Mellor: Manchester Attack Will Be Repeated Unless Action Is Taken

24 May 2017, 18:21

David Mellor Responds To Manchester Terror Attack

Former Home Office minister David Mellor gives his take on the horrific Manchester bombing.

03:57

The events in Manchester on Monday shocked us all, but that atrocity is likely to be repeated unless action is taken now, David Mellor says.

The former minister, who was part of the Home Office during the IRA troubles, said callous acts would continue “unless something is done with the people who are capable of doing such stuff”.

David asked why it was only after mass murder had been committed did authorities appear to want to do something about it.

“Most of these people have come from overseas, they’ve been given political asylum, they’ve been given unlimited right to remain.”

Salman Abedi, the man named by police as the suspect responsible for Monday’s attack, was born in Britain after his parents fled Libya.

David continued: “In Germany, they’ve just revoked the citizenship of two people they regard as threats because even though they think they were born in Germany they cannot be sustained as Germans.

“If we really mean it, if we really mean this cannot happen again, action has got to be taken against people who are known to the authorities.”

Watch the video above and see if you agree.

Theresa May David Lammy

David Lammy Urges PM To Dispel Grenfell Tower Cover-Up Suspicions

Nigel Farage

Remainer Brands Nigel Farage A “Brexit Conman” - But Can’t Name One Lie

Shelagh Fogarty not impressed

"If Grenfell Residents Move Into My Flats, I'll Move Out"

Darren Adam in the LBC studio

This Woman Lost Everything In A House Fire, But What Happened Next Was Wonderful

Comments

Loading...