Phone Hacking Victim Nick Ferrari: "The Jury System Has Worked"
Tuesday 24th June 2014
LBC's Nick Ferrari, who was a victim of phone hacking, has said that he believes "the jury system has worked" after Andy Coulson was found guilty of plotting to hack phones while he was editor of the News of the World.
Rebekah Brooks - who he replaced as editor of the News of the World - has been cleared of all charges.
Her former personal assistant Cheryl Carter was cleared of
conspiracy to pervert the course of justice and Brooks's husband Charlie
and NI director of security Mark Hanna were also cleared of perverting
the course of justice.
The jury is still considering further charges against Coulson and former NotW royal editor Clive Goodman of conspiring to commit misconduct in a public office by paying police officers for two royal directories.
Nick Ferrari was told by police his own phone had been hacked in 2008, when he was
considering running as the Tory candidate to be London Mayor.
"The jury system has worked, there have been a lot of people who've been cleared, there are still a couple of charge to be heard, I hope they now view the charges that are pending on so many reporters, who are merely doing their job, and take a different view," he told LBC's Julia Hartley-Brewer.
"The newspaper game that you and I both worked in and particularly the tabloid game that I was in, is totally different now," he continued.
"You talk to people, ex-colleagues, who at The Sun or indeed The Daily Mirror where I also worked and it's unrecognisable."