Matt Frei 10am - 1pm
Camden stabbing: One dead and another injured in high street attack
13 September 2019, 02:13
A man has died after a stabbing on Camden High Street, with another rushed to hospital.
Police were called to the busy main road in north London just after 11pm on Thursday to reports of an assault.
One victim was pronounced dead at the scene, with the other, aged in his mid-20s, found nearby, being the third murder to occur in the Borough of Camden within a week.
The road has been closed to traffic, and a section 60 stop and search order has been put in place.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police were called at approximately 23:10hrs on Thursday, 12 September to reports of an assault on Camden High Street.
“Officers attended and found a male suffering from a stab injury. They immediately provided first aid and were supported by the London Ambulance Service.
“The male was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin are yet to be informed.
#Camden— London 999 Feed (@999London) September 13, 2019
Camden High Street remains closed - crime scenes are in place.
As yet there have been no arrests.
This comes after a 35 y/o woman was stabbed to death and a 24 y/o man was killed in a drive-by shooting - both taking place in the Camden area on Sunday 8 September. pic.twitter.com/hIePJcrxab
“A second man, aged in his mid-20s, was found nearby suffering from a stab injury. He was taken by the LAS to a central London hospital. We await an update on his condition. "
Chief Superintendent Raj Kohli from Camden said: “I would firstly like to say that our thoughts are with the family, friends and wider community following this fatal attack. We are committed to bringing them the justice they deserve.
“I understand that a number of people believed to be known to the victim were present after the attack. I would urge them to come forward and speak to investigators as soon as possible with what they know and saw.
“The local community will no doubt be alarmed and shocked by this latest attack, particularly coming so soon after the fatal incidents earlier this week.
“We are taking action across the borough to keep everyone safe and working with teams across the Met to apprehend those involved. A section 60 order has been authorised for the London Borough of Camden. It will be in place from 23:30hrs on Thursday, 12 September until 14:30hrs on Friday, 13 September.“Our local policing teams are working with the Violent Crime Taskforce, Specialist Crime Command and other specialist resources, as well as with our local partners.
“Those near Camden High Street can expect an enhanced policing presence in their area in the coming days. Officers will be on hand to listen to any concerns they have and continue to appeal for those with information to come forward.”