James O'Brien 10am - 1pm
As it happened: Sackings, promotions and demotions as PM picks new top team
15 September 2021, 11:56 | Updated: 15 September 2021, 20:25
- Former foreign secretary Dominic Raab has been demoted to justice secretary - but he was given lord chancellor and deputy PM role
- Gavin Williamson has been sacked as education secretary, to be replaced by ex-vaccines minister Nadhim Zahawi
- Liz Truss has replaced Dominic Raab as Foreign Sec after a stint as international trade secretary
- Robert Jenrick and Robert Buckland have both been kicked out of Cabinet as housing and justice secretaries
- Michael Gove has been promoted to housing secretary after serving as Cabinet Office Minister and Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster
Dominic Raab has been demoted to justice secretary after Gavin Williamson, Robert Buckland and Robert Jenrick were all booted from Boris Johnson's Cabinet.
It comes after the PM's Covid strategy, which was unveiled by Health Secretary Javid in the House of Commons on Tuesday, faced serious scrutiny at PMQs.
Education Secretary Gavin Williamson, who has come in for criticism over his handling of departmental responsibilities during the coronavirus pandemic, has gone and was soon followed by Justice Secretary Robert Buckland and Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick.
Soon after, now-former foreign secretary Dominic Raab was demoted to the Justice Department and co-chair of the Conservative Party Amanda Milling was removed from her post.
Cabinet Office Minister and Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster Michael Gove was later transferred to Housing Secretary before Liz Truss received a big promotion to the Foreign Office.
Nadine Dorries was also drafted in as Culture Secretary, replacing Oliver Dowden, who is now chair of the Tory Party and Minister without portfolio.
Follow all the developments on the reshuffle LIVE below