A Rare Peek Into The London Underground Lost Property Office
A prosthetic leg and a life-sized Spider-Man doll are just some of the more unusual objects left on London's tubes and buses.
1. The Weirdest Stuff Found At The London Underground Lost Property Office
A wooden leg, nun doll and a giant toy warthog are among the oddest items left on the Tube.
2. A Mask At The Tube's Lost Property Office
Someone left a hairdressing mannequin on the London Underground
3. The Oldest Mobile Phones Not Recovered
A very old car-phone and the latest iPhone were among items left on London's transport.
4. Thousands Of Umbrellas
More than 300,000 items were left on the capital's trains and buses last year, with the most popular items being umbrellas and wallets.
5. Hundreds Of Phones Left On The Tube
All lost phones get placed in the movile bin.
6. London Underground Lost Property Office Clothing
All items handed in to TfL end up at the three-storey building next to Baker Street station and are stored for three months before being donated to charity, sent to auction or recycled.
7. A Spider-Man Toy Looks Out Over The Lost Property Office
Have you accidentally left your life-sized Spider-Man doll on London Transport? It has pride of place in the Lost Property Office.
8. A Lost Banana
Transport for London worker Paul Burke pushes a trolley loaded with items of lost property at the Transport for London Lost Property Office.