Eddie Mair 4pm - 7pm
SOLD: Bid Now For A Trip To Washington DC
LBC is giving you the chance to win an amazing trip for two to Washington DC.
This item sold for £3,600. Thank you for your generosity.
If you place the winning bid, you will receive two return flights from London Heathrow to Washington Dulles International with United Airlines.
You will also enjoy the glamour and luxury of a night’s stay at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel which is situated in the heart of the US capital.
Following this, you’ll then stay 3 nights at a top 4-star hotel in Washington city centre, including breakfast. Courtesy of Fashion Centre at Pentagon City, this trip includes a $500 Simon Shopping spree gift card to spend at any of the 170 stores at Fashion Centre, Pentagon City.
Not only that, you’ll enjoy dinner for two at the Matchbox Restaurant, a vintage pizza bistro which offers modern and delicious dining.
You’ll also explore one of America’s most iconic cities with tickets for The Big Bus Tours DC, where you can hop on and hop off at over 45 landmarks. During the tour you’ll also get the chance to visit to the world-famous Madame Tussauds waxworks museum. Plus we’ll include a day’s bike rental to discover more of this great city, courtesy of Bike and Roll DC.
This online auction prize will be open for bids on LBC.co.uk between 12.30pm on the 27th of September and 12.30pm on the 7th of October 2016. You can find details of the highest bid, and full terms & conditions, below.
Global’s Make Some Noise is LBC’s very own charity, supporting small but brilliant projects across the UK which help youngsters and their families living with illness, disability or lack of opportunity. By supporting Global’s Make Some Noise, you’ll be helping small projects make a big difference - so thank you! Find out more.
Terms and Conditions
1. Definitions and Introduction
1.1 In these terms and conditions the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings (and, where applicable in these terms and conditions, the singular shall include the plural):
“Auction” The auction running on the Participating Radio Station(s) during the Term
“Auction Terms and Conditions” These terms and conditions relating to the Auction
“Bid Period” The period, as announced on-air and/or online, during which a Participant may bid for a particular item in an Auction through the Auction Line.
“Competition Terms and Conditions” Global Charities competition terms and conditions which can be found at makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/
eBay User Agreement The terms and conditions of placing a bid on eBay which can be found at http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/user-agreement.html
“Conditions” The Auction Terms and Conditions together with the Competition Terms and Conditions and the eBay User Agreement
“Global Charities” Global Charities of 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) and SC041475 (Scotland)) “on-air” Something broadcast on the Participating Radio Station(s)
“Participant” or “you” A person who participates in the Auction “Participating Radio Station(s)” LBC
“Term” The dates and times set out in Clause 2.2 of these Conditions “Website” www.makesomenoise.com or the website of any of the radio stations owned by Global Radio, Communicorpuk or Adventure Radio
1.1 These Auction Terms and Conditions together with the Competition Terms and Conditions (with the specific exception of clauses 2.3 and 2.4 of the Competition Terms and Conditions) and the eBay User Agreement shall apply to the Auction. Participation in any Auction shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Conditions.
1.2 In the event that these Auction Terms and Conditions conflict with the Competition Terms and Conditions, the provisions of these Auction Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
1.3 References to “we”, “us” and “our” shall be to Global Charities and/or the Participating Radio Station(s).
2.1 During the Term, details relating to the Auction will be broadcast on the Participating Radio Station(s).
2.2 The Bid Period for this auction will take place between 12:30 on 27th September 2016 & 12:30 on 7th October 2016.
2.3 During the Bid Period each Participant must go online to the Website from which they will be directed to place a bid through eBay.
2.4 Participants are required to have an eBay account in order to place a bid.
2.5 The highest Bid received during the Bid Period will be announced on air to the extent permissible. The highest genuine Bid received from any Participant at the end of the Bid Period will secure the item. Where a Bid is successful, the Participant will be contacted by the Participating Radio Station.
2.6 Full details of all Auctions will be available on the Website including any specific terms & conditions for each lot.
2.7 The offer of an Auction item on-air shall constitute an offer which will be deemed to be accepted by the highest bidder during the Bid Period.
2.8 Participants must be 18 years of age or over. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
3. Payment and delivery
3.1 Payment for an item must be by Paypal or debit or credit card. The amount to be paid, having been deducted from or charged to the Participant’s Paypal account or debit or credit card, shall constitute consideration. All Participants must ensure that, prior to placing a bid, they are able to pay for any item which they wish to bid for.
3.2 Title in the items successfully bid for or purchased shall not pass on to the Participant until such time as payment for the item has been received by the Participating Radio Station and delivery has taken place.
3.3 Delivery of a prize or voucher with the prize details will be made within 28 (twenty eight) days to the address specified by the Participant provided that such address must be within England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. When an item is delivered, risk of damage to, or loss of, the item passes shall pass to the relevant Participant. We reserve the right to require photo ID from the successful Participant upon delivery.
4.1 All items offered for Auction shall be subject to availability and we shall not be liable for any claims, expenses, costs and/or any losses (including, but not limited to, loss of profits, indirect, pure economic and consequential losses or otherwise) or any damage (save for death or personal injury arising from negligence) suffered by any Participant.
4.2 All matters relating to the Auction shall be at our sole discretion.
4.3 Notwithstanding that a successful bid has been received, in the event that we discover that (i) the Participant was or should have been ineligible to make a bid for an item, or (ii) that the Participant should have been declared invalid for any other reason whatever (at our absolute discretion), we reserve the right to reject the bid. In such circumstances, we reserve the right to offer the prize to the second highest bidder.
- This prize is for two people to win a prize package to Washington DC. The prize includes two return economy flights from London Heathrow to Washington Dulles International Airport, a shopping spree gift card to spend at the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City up to the value of $500, dinner for two at the Matchbox restaurant, a classic tour of the city for two provided Big Bus Washington DC, a full day bike rental for two provided by Bike and Roll DC, a one-night stay for two at Ritz-Carlton Hotel, and an additional 3-night stay for two people on a bed and breakfast basis at a 4-star hotel in Washington, to be determined at a later date.
- The prize must be booked before 31st January 2017 and is valid for twelve months from the prize closing date.
- All prize elements must be redeemed at the same time.
- Transportation of Passengers and Baggage on flights operated by United Airlines, Inc. ("United"), Carriers doing business as United Express, and other carriers operating as United's Codeshare partner (collectively "United Carriers"), are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in United's Contract of Carriage, in addition to any terms and conditions printed on or in any ticket, ticket jacket or eticket receipt. By purchasing a ticket or accepting transportation, the passenger agrees to be bound thereby. Incorporated terms may include, but are not limited to:
* Limits on liability for delay, damage or loss of baggage, including fragile or perishable goods.
* Claims restrictions, including time periods within which a passenger must file a claim or bring an action against United.
* United’s rights to change terms of the Contract of Carriage.
* Rules on reconfirmation of reservations, check-in times and refusal to carry.
* United Carriers’ rights and limits on liability for delay or failure to perform service, including schedule changes, substitution of alternate air carrier or aircraft, and rerouting.
- No additional costs or charges related to travel are included.
- A valid United Club membership card or one-time pass and a government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license, passport or military ID) are required to enter the United Lounge Club Heathrow.
- Customers must be 18 years of age or older to use a one-time pass. Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older during their United Club visit.
- Guests must be 21 years of age to access a United Club location with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by an adult of at least 21 years of age. A one-time pass admits one person, with no guests, to a United Club location. Exception: children under 2 years of age may accompany someone accessing a United Club location with a one-time pass. A one-time pass cannot be used at an Arrivals facility, Global FirstSM Lounge or Star AllianceTM lounge.
- A one-time pass admits one person, with no guests, to a United Club location. A one-time pass cannot be used at an Arrivals facility, Global FirstSM Lounge or Star AllianceTM lounge.
- United reserves the right to limit access for one-time pass users during high-traffic times when United Club locations are at or near capacity.
- United reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who interferes with the professional atmosphere of United Club.
- The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City prize aspect refers to a shopping spree gift card to the value of $500 valid at Fashion Centre at Pentagon City only, a one-night stay at Ritz-Carlton Hotel and dinner for two at Matchbox Restaurant.
- One-night accommodation at Ritz Carlton is for a maximum of two persons sharing one room –subject to availability on request.
- Matchbox Restaurant is located at Fashion Centre at Pentagon City and will be a dinner for two up to the total value of $75 only.
- Fashion Centre at Pentagon City will issue a redemption letter that the winner must bring to the centre together with a valid photo ID to redeem against the Shopping Spree Gift Card for $500.
- The additional 3-night stay will be for two people on a bed and breakfast basis at a 4-star hotel in Washington, to be determined at a later date.
- The Big Bus Washington DC prize refers to two classic tour tickets for two people with unlimited hop-on and hop-off of the Red, Blue and Yellow loops for a 24-hour period, admission for two to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, free regular coffee at Corner Bakery café and a free treat bag from Garrett Popcorn.
- The Big Bus Washington DC prize may not be exchanged for cash or for tickets to another Big Bus destination.
- The Bike and Roll DC prize refers to a full day bike rental for two adults; it cannot be redeemed for a Segway tour.
- Airport transfers in Washington and the UK are not included.
- Prize tickets do not include chauffeur-drive, valet parking or rail tickets.
- Once travel and accommodation have been booked, the prize cannot be amended.
- Whilst we will do all we can to book your trip on your preferred dates, this is not always possible and we ask that you provide three options as soon as possible after the competition and at least four weeks’ notice to make a booking.
- More popular holiday periods for the destination get booked up quickly and there are no guarantees we will be able to offer your first choice.
- The winners must ensure that they have the correct travel documentation and obtain the relevant Visas. Such travel documentation is at the sole expense of the winner. Failure to be granted a Visa and or have the necessary travel documentation will result in the winner forfeiting their prize.
- Opening times of the attractions in Washington will fluctuate from time to time and users of information are advised to check with the attraction concerned prior to visiting to confirm current operating hours.
- Wheelchair access at some Washington attractions may be limited or unavailable.
- The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to change the date and substitute with another date.
- We require winner name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize.
- Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks to confirm dates.
- Not for resale, not transferable, there is no cash alternative. This is a charity competition and as such no refunds are given.