SOLD: Luxury Trip To Barcelona
LBC is giving you the chance to bid online and win an unforgettable weekend in the vibrant city of Barcelona.
Sold for £910. Thank you for your generosity.
You and your guest will fly with Monarch Airlines to Barcelona, the cosmopolitan capital of Catalonia. While in Barcelona you will spend two-nights at the luxury 4* Hotel Barcelo Sants, which has a modern galactic-themed interior – the winner will stay in their Orbital room and be treated to a three-course meal one evening in their Hydrogen Restaurant.
The lucky winner will also receive two tickets to visit one of Barcelona’s top attractions, the Casa Batllo to explore the creative work of famous Catalan architect, Antoni Gaudi.
This is one experience not to be missed, so bid online for a chance to win.
This auction prize will be open for bids online between 15:30 on the 27th September and 15:30 on Friday 7th October 2016 and you must be over 18 to take part.
Global’s Make Some Noise is LBC’s very own charity, supporting small but brilliant projects across the UK which help youngsters and their families living with illness, disability or lack of opportunity. By bidding on this item, you’ll be supporting Global’s Make Some Noise, helping small projects make a big difference, so thank you. Find out more.
This auction prize will be open for bids online from 15:30 on 27th September 2016 until 15:30 on 7th October 2016. You must be over 18 to take part. Current highest bids can be found on the LBC website. Full terms & conditions are below
Terms and Conditions
1. Definitions and Introduction
1.1 In these terms and conditions the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings (and, where applicable in these terms and conditions, the singular shall include the plural):
“Auction” The auction running on the Participating Radio Station(s) during the Term
“Auction Terms and Conditions” These terms and conditions relating to the Auction
“Bid Period” The period, as announced on-air and/or online, during which a Participant may bid for a particular item in an Auction through the Auction Line.
“Competition Terms and Conditions” Global Charities competition terms and conditions which can be found at makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/
eBay User Agreement The terms and conditions of placing a bid on eBay which can be found at http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/user-agreement.html
“Conditions” The Auction Terms and Conditions together with the Competition Terms and Conditions and the eBay User Agreement
“Global Charities” Global Charities of 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) and SC041475 (Scotland)) “on-air” Something broadcast on the Participating Radio Station(s)
“Participant” or “you” A person who participates in the Auction “Participating Radio Station(s)” LBC
“Term” The dates and times set out in Clause 2.2 of these Conditions “Website” www.makesomenoise.com or the website of any of the radio stations owned by Global Radio, Communicorpuk or Adventure Radio
1.1 These Auction Terms and Conditions together with the Competition Terms and Conditions (with the specific exception of clauses 2.3 and 2.4 of the Competition Terms and Conditions) and the eBay User Agreement shall apply to the Auction. Participation in any Auction shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Conditions.
1.2 In the event that these Auction Terms and Conditions conflict with the Competition Terms and Conditions, the provisions of these Auction Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
1.3 References to “we”, “us” and “our” shall be to Global Charities and/or the Participating Radio Station(s).
2.1 During the Term, details relating to the Auction will be broadcast on the Participating Radio Station(s).
2.2 The Bid Period for this auction will take place between 15:30 Tuesday 27th September 2016 and 15:30 Friday 7th October 2016.
2.3 During the Bid Period each Participant must go online to the Website from which they will be directed to place a bid through eBay.
2.4 Participants are required to have an eBay account in order to place a bid.
2.5 The highest Bid received during the Bid Period will be announced on air to the extent permissible. The highest genuine Bid received from any Participant at the end of the Bid Period will secure the item. Where a Bid is successful, the Participant will be contacted by the Participating Radio Station.
2.6 Full details of all Auctions will be available on the Website including any specific terms & conditions for each lot.
2.7 The offer of an Auction item on-air shall constitute an offer which will be deemed to be accepted by the highest bidder during the Bid Period.
2.8 Participants must be 18 years of age or over. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
3. Payment and delivery
3.1 Payment for an item must be by Paypal or debit or credit card. The amount to be paid, having been deducted from or charged to the Participant’s Paypal account or debit or credit card, shall constitute consideration. All Participants must ensure that, prior to placing a bid, they are able to pay for any item which they wish to bid for.
3.2 Title in the items successfully bid for or purchased shall not pass on to the Participant until such time as payment for the item has been received by the Participating Radio Station and delivery has taken place.
3.3 Delivery of a prize or voucher with the prize details will be made within 28 (twenty eight) days to the address specified by the Participant provided that such address must be within England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. When an item is delivered, risk of damage to, or loss of, the item passes shall pass to the relevant Participant. We reserve the right to require photo ID from the successful Participant upon delivery.
4.1 All items offered for Auction shall be subject to availability and we shall not be liable for any claims, expenses, costs and/or any losses (including, but not limited to, loss of profits, indirect, pure economic and consequential losses or otherwise) or any damage (save for death or personal injury arising from negligence) suffered by any Participant.
4.2 All matters relating to the Auction shall be at our sole discretion.
4.3 Notwithstanding that a successful bid has been received, in the event that we discover that (i) the Participant was or should have been ineligible to make a bid for an item, or (ii) that the Participant should have been declared invalid for any other reason whatever (at our absolute discretion), we reserve the right to reject the bid. In such circumstances, we reserve the right to offer the prize to the second highest bidder.
The prize includes two return flights with Monarch Airlines from Birmingham, Leeds Bradford, Manchester or London Gatwick Airport to Barcelona Airport with airport taxes included; a two-night stay on a bed and breakfast basis based on two sharing an ‘Orbital Room’, one three-course evening meal at Hydrogren Restaurant with a glass of wine per person included and two tickets to visit Casa Batllo.
- The prize must be booked before 31st January 2017 and is valid until 30th September 2017.
- All prize elements must be redeemed at the same time.
- Once travel and accommodation have been booked, the prize cannot be amended.
- The prize is offered strictly subject to availability and may not be available on all dates on all flights during peak periods such as Christmas, New Year, School and Bank Holidays.
- Whilst we will do all we can to book your trip on your preferred dates, this is not always possible and we ask that you provide three options as soon as possible after the competition closes.
- Flight terms and conditions apply and can be found at http://www.monarch.co.uk/terms/flights.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. Please visit www.monarch.co.uk for details and premiums.
- One piece of hold luggage per person is included in the prize and will be checked in free of charge. Up to 10kg of hang baggage may be taken into the cabin per person in a bag no bigger than 56 x 40 x 25cm, free of charge. For further information about hand baggage restrictions please refer to the FAQs on http://www.monarch.co.uk/faq/flights/baggage.
- The winner is responsible for all expenses and arrangements (such as but not limited to flight extras, in-flight meals, pre-allocated seats, meals, spending money and transportation to and from the departing and destination airport) not specifically included in the prize.
- If Monarch fails to comply with the Agreement, Monarch is responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of Monarch’s breach or if they were contemplated by both the winner and Monarch at the time the parties entered into this agreement. Prize winners statutory rights are not affected.
- Compensation under Regulation 261/2004, Montreal Convention and any other applicable law is strictly excluded irrespective of the cause.
- Prize winners must ensure that they have the correct travel documentation and obtain the relevant Visas. Such travel documentation is at the sole expense of the Winner. Failure to be granted a Visa and or have the necessary travel documentation will result in the prize winner forfeiting their prize.
-The Hotel Barcelo Sants prize aspect refers to a two-night stay for two in an Orbital Room on a B&B basis with one three course evening meal for two with a glass of wine each in the Hydrogen Restaurant; this prize is offered strictly subject to availability.
- The Casa Batllo prize aspect refers to two tickets to visit Casa Batllo complete with a smart guide. Full terms and conditions apply and can be found at https://www.casabatllo.es/en/legal-notice/.
- Wheelchair access at some locations may be limited or unavailable.
- The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to change the date and substitute with another date.
- We require winner name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize.
- Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks to confirm dates.
- Not for resale, not transferable, there is no cash alternative. This is a charity competition and as such no refunds are given.