Darren Adam 1am - 4am
Text To Win A Trip For Two To New York
30 August 2019, 15:49
We're giving you the chance to win a four-night trip for two to New York.
You and a friend could be flying to the Big Apple, courtesy of United Airlines, for four spectacular nights.
The prize includes:
- A four-night stay in a Deluxe Room at The Langham, New York, Fifth Avenue, New York City’s luxury hotel in Midtown Manhattan.
- $100 every day for the winner to spend on pampering yourself at the hotel’s luxury spa. Or, you could spend the $100 on dining at the hotel.
- $250 shopping spree for the winner at Bloomingdale’s flagship store.
- A pair of tickets to a Broadway show of your choice, subject to availability.
- Two x 5 day Sightseeing Passes to enjoy your choice of over 100 attractions in the Big Apple, including museums, bus tours, boat cruises, themed walking and biking adventures.
- Two United Airlines economy tickets between UK airports Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester or London Heathrow to Newark/New York (excluding taxes).
For your chance to win, text NYC to 84850.
Entries close at 12 midday on 11TH OCTOBER. Keep your phone handy, we may be calling you.
Texts cost your standard network rate, plus once you've entered we'll do the bit that raises money for all those good causes and automatically take a donation of £3, unless you text CANCEL as instructed in the first text message we send you. 100% of your donation will go to Global's Make Some Noise. You must be 18 or over to take part. UK mobile only. You’re playing across participating radio stations, a full list of which can be found below with age restrictions and full Ts&Cs.
Global’s Make Some Noise is LBC's charity that funds and empowers projects across the UK, helping disadvantaged children, young people and their families.
Life is tough for a child or young person living with illness, disability or lack of opportunity. It can be very isolating for them and their family. Make Some Noise funds vital equipment and life-changing services to help children and young people through challenging times, including therapy, counselling, nursing and support groups.
A huge thank you for supporting Global’s Make Some Noise. www.makesomenoise.com.
With thanks to Bloomingdale’s, Attraction Tickets Direct, The Langham New York Fifth Avenue, The Sightseeing Pass and United Airlines.
1. The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Charities ("Global Charities") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/) apply to the ‘Global’s Make Some Noise Text Competitions’ ("the Competition") as detailed in the Rules.
2. The "Radio Station/s" advertising the competition are Capital/Capital XTRA/Heart/Smooth/Radio X/Classic FM/LBC/Gold.
3. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from Global Charities.
Details of the competition:
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with the relevant keyword to one of the following radio stations shortcodes Heart – 82122 (NYC), Capital – 83958 (NYC), Capital Xtra – 61236 (NYC), Radio X – 83936 (NYC), Smooth – 65588 (NYC), Classic FM – 61812 (NYC), LBC – 84850 (NYC) Gold – 65588 (CITY) (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at standard network rate. If you text after the closing time you will not be entered but may still be charged. The Text Message Line will open at 14.00 on 30TH August 2019 (the “Opening Time”) and close at 12.00 on 11 October 2019 (the “Closing Time”).
5. After entering the Competition, participants will receive a bounceback text message informing them that a voluntary donation to Global’s Make Some Noise (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) & SC041475 (Scotland)) of £3 will be taken automatically, unless they text the word CANCEL as instructed. The £3 donation will be taken an hour (60 minutes) after the time the first text was received from the mobile phone used to enter the Competition, and 100% of the donation will go to Global’s Make Some Noise.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to donate in order to be eligible for entry to the competition. Anyone who texts CANCEL as instructed in the first bounceback message and thereby opts out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise will still be included in the prize draw.
7. The winner will be notified that they have won using the number of the phone that their text entry was sent from. The winner may be required to answer their phone, talk to the presenter/s and a call recorded with the presenter/s and played on-air. if the call is not answered, goes to voicemail, or the Entrant is driving, or the quality of the call is not sufficient for broadcast (at the Promoter’s discretion), the chance to win the prize will be forfeited. Another Entrant will be selected as above. Unsuccessful Entrants will not be contacted.
8. You must be 18 or over to enter the Competition and at least one member of the party must be 21 or over.
9. You must enter from a UK mobile.
10. You can enter up to 10 times only, however you must text CANCEL as instructed after each entry to opt out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise.
11. The prize is 2 United Airlines return economy flights between UK airports Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester or London Heathrow and New York including taxes, a 4-night stay for two people in a deluxe room at The Langham, New York, $100 per day (for five days) for the winner to spend at the hotel’s spa or restaurant, $250 voucher for the winner to spend at Bloomingdale’s, a pair of tickets to a Broadway show of your choice, subject to availability and 2 5-Day Sightseeing Passes.
12. No substitute prizes or cash alternatives are available.
13. The prize is non-transferable.
Specific prize terms:
-The prize consists of two economy United Airline plane tickets, valid for travel between UK airports Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester or London Heathrow to Newark/New York (including taxes), a four night stay in a Deluxe Room at The Langham, New York, Fifth Avenue, New York City’s luxury hotel in Midtown Manhattan, and $100 USD credit per day for 5 days for the winner to spend, which can be used towards hotel services, a $250 USD Bloomingdale’s Gift Card for the winner to spend at Bloomingdale’s NYC Flagship location (59th Street & Lexington Avenue), a pair of tickets to a Broadway show of your choice, subject to availability, courtesy of Attraction Tickets Direct and two 5-Day Sightseeing Passes.
- The prize winner and their guest must be 18 or over and one member of the party, either the guest or the winner, must be 21or over
- Blackout dates for The Langham, New York are December 1-14 2019 and 31st December 2019.
- No guests under the age of 21 are permitted to check in without an adult of 21or over present or written permission from a parent or guardian, provided to the hotel in advance.
- The hotel stay expires on October 11, 2020.
- The Sightseeing Pass include admission to over 100 attractions and access to the Hop-On, Hop-Off Bus throughout the validity of the pass, in addition to discounts at select restaurants, retailers and entertainment options. To view the full list of attractions, please click here.
- The Sightseeing Pass is valid for up to 10 days from the first activation. Each attraction may be visited only once.
- Entry process and hours of operation for individual attractions vary, especially around holiday periods; stay informed and check with each attraction prior to visiting.
- Advanced reservations may be made for tours included on the pass when you mention you are a Sightseeing Pass holder.
- Travel to or from the Broadway show, refreshments and programmes aren’t included with the Broadway show tickets
- Broadway show tickets are offered on a best-available basis – specific seats cannot be chosen ahead of time, seats are allocated by the box office at the time of booking on a best available seat basis.
- In most theatres, seating is in the Orchestra or Mezzanine sections.
- Once booked, you will receive a ticket voucher confirming your reservation, the performance time, the theatre location, plus all other important details relating to your New York theatre tickets.
- Your tickets will be available at the theatre box office from one hour prior to the start of the performance.
- Broadway show tickets cannot be amended or cancelled once booked
- Seat numbers are not provided at time of booking. All seats will be allocated together and advised upon ticket collection on the day of the production.
- Age restrictions may apply – dependent on show and theatre chosen
- Wheelchair access may vary dependent on theatre chosen, check website for full details
- Bloomingdale’s is closed on Easter (April 12th) and Christmas Day (December 25th)
- Economy cabin booked in “K” is the only class valid for your round-trip travel to/from UK airports Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester or London Heathrow to/from New York/Newark Liberty International
- Entrants at least one member of the party must be 21 years old or over and both must be legal residents of the UK. The prize is a certificate for two return United Economy® tickets on United Airlines for travel from Edinburgh, Glasgow/Manchester/London Heathrow to New York/Newark, including taxes.
- The flights will expire on 1st November 2020 and are subject to availability. They will not be reissued or extended for travel after such date.
- United Airlines shall have no liability for notifications not received by any potential prize winner. Winner and plus one must have own valid passport and travel insurance.
- Employees of United Airlines and its affiliates are not eligible to enter.
- The winner and their guest must ensure that they have the correct travel documentation and obtain the relevant Visa/s. Such travel documentation is at the sole expense of the winner and their guest. Failure to be granted a Visa and or have the necessary travel documentation will result in the winner forfeiting their prize.
- All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption.
- The costs of food and drink, transfers, travel insurance, parking, spending money and any other incidental travel expenses are not included in the prize.
- Name changes or destination changes are not permitted.
-The winner and their guest must travel on the same flight and dates and carry valid passports. The prize must be used by the winner and the guest travelling together
- It is the prize-winner's responsibility to ensure they are in possession of any health documents that may be required for the country they are visiting. Failure to obtain such documents could result in the passenger being refused entry.
- Once travel and accommodation have been booked, the prize cannot be amended.
-The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value.
-We require winner name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize.
-Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks to confirm dates.
-Not for resale, not transferable, there is no cash alternative.
-This is a charity competition and as such no refunds are given.
The Promoters are Global, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG832-96388-41101) and Global Charities, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority
Service Provider: Global Radio Services Ltd., 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service or feel a donation has been taken from your bill unfairly, please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 0333 200 2000.