Tom Swarbrick 10am - 1pm
Win A Shopping Trip To New York City
5 September 2017, 10:04 | Updated: 7 September 2017, 13:56
LBC is giving you and a friend the chance to win the trip of a lifetime to the Big Apple.
You’ll fly from the UK to New York/Newark, thanks to United Airlines, where you will begin your holiday experience.
You’ll spend five nights at any Hilton Hotels and Resorts property in New York. You can even move around the city and split your stay across two different Hilton Hotel locations.
To make sure you experience the best that New York has to offer, included are two New York Day Passes, giving you free admission to over 80 top NYC attractions.
If all of this wasn’t enough, you’ll then head to the world renowned Bloomingdale’s department store, where you’ll be treated to $500 to spend on a shopping spree.
On one of the nights, you can also look forward to dinner for two at New York’s best steakhouse, the world-famous Benjamin Steakhouse.
To get involved and be in with a chance of winning, text the word NYC to 84850.
Entries close at midday on 6th October. Keep your phone handy, as we could be calling you!
You must be over 18 to take part. Texts cost your standard network rate, plus once you've entered we'll do the bit that raises the money for all those good causes and will automatically take a donation of £3, unless you reply STOP to the first text message we send you. This is a one-off donation, 100% will go to Global's Make Some Noise. You’re playing across all participating radio stations, which can be found, along with date restrictions, in the full terms and conditions below.
Global’s Make Some Noise is LBC’s very own charity, supporting small but brilliant projects across the UK which help youngsters and their families living with illness, disability or lack of opportunity. By supporting Global’s Make Some Noise, you’ll be helping small projects make a big difference, so thank you.
The Promoters are Global Radio, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG832-96388-41101) and Global Charities, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG831-51159-55647). Global Charities is registered with the Fundraising Regulator.
Service Provider: Global Radio Services Ltd., 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service or feel a donation has been taken from your bill unfairly, please have a look at our FAQs at http://www.makesomenoise.com/premium-rate-phone-text-faqs/ or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 03333 212 196.
1. The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Charities ("Global Charities") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/ ) apply to the ‘Global’s Make Some Noise Text Competitions’ ("the Competition") as detailed in the Rules.
2. The "Radio Station" advertising the competition is Heart Network, Capital Network, Capital Xtra, Smooth Network, Classic FM, Gold, LBC and Radio X.
3. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from Global Charities.
Details of the competition:
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with the keyword to one of the following radio stations shortcodes Heart – 82122 (NYC), Capital – 83958 (NYC), Capital Xtra – 61236 (NYC), Radio X – 83936 (NYC), Smooth – 65588 (NYC), Classic FM – 61812 (NYC), LBC – 84850 (NYC) Gold – 65588 (CITY) (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at standard network rate. If you text after the closing time you will not be entered but may still be charged. The Text Message Line will open at midday on 25th August and close at midday on 6th October 2017.
5. After entering the Competition, participants will receive a bounceback text message informing them that a voluntary donation to Global’s Make Some Noise (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) & SC041475 (Scotland)) of £3 will be taken automatically an hour (60 minutes) after the time the first text was received, unless they reply with the word STOP. The £3 donation will be taken from the mobile phone used to enter the Competition and 100% of the donation will go to Global’s Make Some Noise.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to donate in order to be eligible for entry to the competition. Anyone who replies STOP to the first bounceback message and thereby opts out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise will still be included in the prize draw.
7. The winner will be notified that they have won using the number of the phone that their text entry was sent from. The winner may be required to answer their phone, talk to the presenter/s and a call recorded with the presenter/s and played on-air. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
8. You must be over 18 to enter the Competition.
9. You can enter up to 10 times only, however you must text STOP after each entry to opt out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise.
10. The prize consists of two return flights from the UK to Newark Airport with United Airlines, a 5-night stay for 2 people at any Hilton Hotel in New York, a $500 shopping voucher to spend in Bloomingdale’s, dinner for two at Benjamin Steakhouse and two New York Passes valid for one day.
11. No substitute prizes or cash alternatives are available.
12. The prize is non transferable.
Specific prize terms:
- Entrants must be legal residents of the UK who are 18 years old or over. The flights is a certificate for two return flight economy class airline tickets on United Airlines for travel between London Heathrow, Manchester Edinburgh or Glasgow to New York/Newark, including taxes with a 5 night stay at any Hilton Hotel in New York in a standard room for 2 people, $500 voucher for Bloomingdale’s, dinner for two at Benjamin Steakhouse to the value of $200 and two 1-day New York Passes. Flight tickets are valid for travel from Monday 6th October and are valid for 12 months. Flights must be booked by 31 January 2018. - All prize elements must be redeemed at the same time.
- Transportation of Passengers and Baggage on flights operated by United Airlines, Inc. ("United"), Carriers doing business as United Express, and other carriers operating as United's Codeshare partner (collectively "United Carriers"), are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in United's Contract of Carriage, in addition to any terms and conditions printed on or in any ticket, ticket jacket or eticket receipt. By purchasing a ticket or accepting transportation, the passenger agrees to be bound thereby. Incorporated terms may include, but are not limited to:
• Limits on liability for delay, damage or loss of baggage, including fragile or perishable goods.
• Claims restrictions, including time periods within which a passenger must file a claim or bring an action against United.
• United’s rights to change terms of the Contract of Carriage.
• Rules on reconfirmation of reservations, check-in times and refusal to carry.
• United Carriers’ rights and limits on liability for delay or failure to perform service, including schedule changes, substitution of alternate air carrier or aircraft, and rerouting.
- No additional costs or charges related to travel are included.
- United Airlines shall have no liability for notifications not received by any potential prize winner. Any person entering the competition or accepting or using any prize agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless United Airlines and Global Radio and each of their respective affiliates employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in the competition or the acceptance or use or misuse of any prize. Winner and plus one must have own valid passport and travel insurance.
- Any person entering the auction or accepting or using any prize grants United a perpetual right to use his/her name, other biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for commercial or publicity purposes, at any time without notice or compensation except where prohibited by law. Employees of United Airlines and its affiliates are not eligible to enter.
- United’s decision is final and no-correspondence will be enter into. All prize claims are subject to verification by the Sponsor. By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- 2 New York Pass allows two people full 1-day free admission to more than 80 top NYC attractions.
- Winner must have the original copy of gift certificate to redeem dinner for two at Benjamin Steakhouse; does not include tax or gratuity. Dinner value is up to $200, anything above that amount will need to be paid by the winner. - Bloomingdale’s gift card is to the value of $500 and will be collected at Bloomingdale’s New York (at the Visitor Centre). Winner will need to bring ID to collect the gift card. - The hotel stay is for 5 nights for 2 people in a standard room, including tax at any Hilton Hotel property in New York. The 5 night stay can be split across 2 hotels in New York if the winner would prefer, or can be used at 1 hotel.
- The stay is not valid for any kind of bed and breakfast type package or for an upgraded room type.
- Stay does not include breakfast, room service, mini bar, resort fees, incidentals or parking charges.
- Stay is not valid for New Year’s Eve and other holiday blackout dates may apply. Hotel stay is subject to availability.
- The winner is responsible for all expenses and arrangements (transportation to and from the departing and destination airport) not specifically included in the prize.
- Airport transfers in New York and the UK are not included.
- Prize tickets do not include chauffeur-drive, valet parking or rail tickets.
- At least one guest must be over the age of 18. - Once travel and accommodation have been booked, the prize cannot be amended.
- Whilst we will do all we can to book your trip on your preferred dates, this is not always possible and we ask that you provide three options as soon as possible after the competition and at least four weeks’ notice to make a booking.
- More popular holiday periods for the destination get booked up quickly and there are no guarantees we will be able to offer your first choice.
- The winners must ensure that they have the correct travel documentation and obtain the relevant Visas. Such travel documentation is at the sole expense of the winner. Failure to be granted a Visa and or have the necessary travel documentation will result in the winner forfeiting their prize.
- Opening times of the attractions in New York will fluctuate from time to time and users of information are advised to check with the attraction concerned prior to visiting to confirm current operating hours.
- Wheelchair access at some NYC attractions may be limited or unavailable.
- The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value. - In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to change the date and substitute with another date.
- We require winner name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize.
- Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks to confirm dates.
- Not for resale, not transferable, there is no cash alternative.
- This is a charity competition and as such no refunds are given.
The Promoters are Global, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG832-96388-41101) and Global Charities, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG831-51159-55647). Service Provider: Global Radio Services Ltd., 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service or feel a donation has been taken from your bill unfairly, please have a look at our FAQs at http://www.makesomenoise.com/premium-rate-phone-text-faqs/ or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 03333 212 196.