Shelagh Fogarty 1pm - 4pm
Coronavirus mythbusting: Correcting fake news about covid-19
5 March 2020, 07:24 | Updated: 5 March 2020, 07:32
LBC has asked experts to correct the myths about coronavirus as covid-19 spreads across the UK.
Despite the government's information campaign about the killer virus, there are a large number of misconceptions about it.
Among the questions about coronavirus we answer are:
- Will facemasks keep me safe from coronavirus?
- Does anti-bacterial hand sanitiser stop coronavirus?
- Should we cancel all flights to and from the UK?
- Should we stop shaking hands in the UK?
- Will an epidemic happen in the UK?
- Is coronavirus going to kill us all?
- Are the coronavirus symptoms the same as the common cold?
- If coronavirus is like the flu, why are we all so worried?
- Will we have an anti-coronavirus vaccine by next month?