Two men killed and third injured in Bedfordshire triple stabbing and car attack

13 November 2022, 14:14 | Updated: 13 November 2022, 16:23

The attack took place in Houghton Regis
The attack took place in Houghton Regis. Picture: Google Maps

By Will Taylor

Police have launched a murder probe after two men were fatally stabbed and a third man injured in Bedfordshire.

Listen to this article

Loading audio...

A man was hit by a vehicle and three men were stabbed in Houghton Regis, North West of Luton, just before 1.20am today.

Emergency services rushed to Tithe Farm Road where they found the trio.

Two men have died and a third is seriously injured.

Bedfordshire Police said: "Detectives have launched a double murder investigation after two men died and a third was seriously injured following an incident in Houghton Regis this morning (Sunday).

"Police were called to reports of a man being struck by a vehicle in Tithe Farm Road at 1.18am. Emergency services attended and found three men with stab wounds.

Bedfordshire Police have launched a double murder probe
Bedfordshire Police have launched a double murder probe. Picture: iStock

Read more King Charles leads Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph for the first time as monarch

"Two were pronounced dead at the scene while a third was taken to hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition.

"While the victims have yet to be formally identified, specially-trained officers are supporting family members."

T/Detective Superintendent Carl Foster, of the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: "This was a horrific incident which has resulted in two young men losing their lives and a third suffering very serious injuries.

"I understand how concerning this will be for residents, however from what we know so far we believe this to be a contained incident with no wider ongoing threat to the public.

"There can be absolutely no excuse for such violence and we will do everything we can to bring those responsible to justice.

"The area was fairly busy at the time and I would urge anyone who saw what happened, or anything leading up to it, to contact police."

Anyone with information should call Operation Crux on 101, through the online reporting tool at www.beds.police.uk, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

More Latest News

See more More Latest News

Breaking
Mayar Yahia

Heartbroken family pay tribute to 'cherished daughter', 4, killed after being hit by car in Birmingham

Breaking
Peter Murrell has been re-arrested in connection with a probe into the party's finances.

Nicola Sturgeon's husband Peter Murrell re-arrested in connection with SNP finances investigation

APTOPIX Trump Hush Money

Jury selection enters pivotal stretch as Trump’s hush money trial resumes

Croatia Election

Croatia’s conservatives believe majority is close despite inconclusive vote

Rapper Kanye West has reportedly been named a suspect by police in a battery case after the 46-year-old star allegedly punched a man in the face for "sexually assaulting" his wife

Kanye West to be investigated by for punching man who 'sexually assaulted' his wife

Exclusive
Jamie Oliver has called on all mayors to pledge free school meals for primary school children.

‘This is levelling up’: Jamie Oliver calls on all mayors across the country to offer free school meals for children

Fire and smoke rise out of the Old Stock Exchange, Boersen, in Copenhagen, Denmark

Copenhagen and Paris mayors discuss lessons learned after fires wreck landmarks

Karen Matthews, dubbed the Britain's 'worst mother', is said to be 'over the moon' after hearing that her former partner Michael Donovan died on Tuesday, following a battle with throat cancer

Karen Matthews 'over the moon' over death of daughter Shannon's kidnapper Michael Donovan

Relief for families of the victims of 1981's blaze at Stardust nightclub in Dublin after an inquest rules they were unlawfully killed

Deaths of 48 people in 1981 fire at Dublin's Stardust nightclub were unlawful killing, jury rules

California Google News

Google fires 28 staff after office sit-ins to protest cloud contract with Israel

A 92-year-old woman has been ordered to repay more than £7k to the DWP

92-year-old woman with dementia ordered to pay back £7,000 by DWP after error

Prince William told a volunteer he would 'take care' of Kate.

Prince William promises to ‘take care’ of Kate as he breaks silence on her cancer diagnosis

A police forensic officer at the Christ the Good Shepherd church in suburban Wakely in western Sydney, Australia

Sydney bishop says he ‘forgives’ alleged attacker after church stabbing

Reality star Georgia Harrison said her mum supported her throughout the case

Georgia Harrison says she 'might not have gone ahead' with Stephen Bear revenge porn case without mum's support

French construction worker Damien Guerot

French hero gains Australian residency for confronting shopping centre killer

Prince William has returned to royal duties for the first time since Kate's cancer diagnosis.

William’s royal return: Prince visits food charity in first public engagement since Kate’s cancer diagnosis