Ian Payne 4am - 7am
Wetherspoon: Full list of chain's pubs up for sale across the country – is your local at risk?
24 January 2023, 15:51 | Updated: 24 January 2023, 15:55
Pub chain Wetherspoon confirmed recently that nearly 40 of its pubs across across the UK would be sold – is your local at risk?
Chairman Tim Martin said the firm was selling the boozers due to the rising costs of food and energy and staff shortages.
The 39 sites are in city centres across England and Scotland, ten of which are in London.
All the venues being considered for sale individually, in small packages, or as a portfolio, it's reported.
But punters will be pleased to hear all the pubs will stay open and will continue to trade as Wetherspoon sites until sold.
Commercial property specialists CBRE and Savills are handling the sales.
Toby Hall, senior director at CBRE, said: "The excellent mix of locations in this portfolio is rarely seen in the market.
"With more than half of the portfolio located in London and the South East and other strong locations in the South West, Midlands and North we believe the pubs represent an excellent opportunity for existing pub operators and new entrants."
A spokesperson for Wetherspoon told The Mirror that since the initial announcement, some of the pubs have already been sold, but wouldn't confirm which sites.
Here's the full list of Wetherspoons pubs that put on sale by the firm:
- Silkstone Inn - Barnsley
- Hope and Champion - Beaconsfield
- Wrong 'Un - Bexleyheath
- Christopher Creeke - Bournemouth
- Bank House - Cheltenham
- General Sir Redvers Buller - Crediton
- Thomas Leaper - Derby
- Water House - Durham
- Lord Arthur Lee - Fareham
- Saltoun Inn - Fraserburgh
- Percy Shaw - Halifax
- Jolly Sailor - Hanham
- Moon on the Hill - Harrow
- Cliftonville Inn - Hove
- Asparagus - Battersea, London
- Miller's Well - East Ham, London
- Bankers Draft - Eltham, London
- Hudson Bay - Forest Gate, London
- Capitol - Forest Hill, London
- Plough & Harrow - Hammersmith, London
- Toll Gate - Hornsey, London
- Penderel's Oak - Holborn, London
- Coronet - Holloway, London
- Angel - Islington, London
- Alfred Herring - Palmers Green, London
- Moon & Bell - Loughborough
- Last Post - Loughton
- Widow Frost - Mansfield
- Resolution - Middlesborough
- Foxley Hatch - Purley
- Rising Sun - Redditch
- Cross Keys, Peebles - Scottish Borders
- Sennockian - Southampton
- Admiral Sir Lucius Curtis - Sevenoaks
- Butler's Bell - Stafford
- Colombia Press - Watford
- Billiard Hall - West Bromwich
- Malthouse - Willenhall
- John Masefield - Wirral