Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs accused of sexual abuse by two more women

24 November 2023, 18:04

Sean 'Diddy' Combs
Sexual Misconduct Sean Combs. Picture: PA

The filings detail acts of sexual assault, beatings and forced drugging allegedly committed in the early 1990s.

Two more women have come forward to accuse Sean “Diddy” Combs of sexual abuse, a week after the music mogul settled a separate lawsuit with the singer Cassie which contained allegations of rape and physical abuse.

The new suits were filed on Thursday on the eve of the expiry of the provisions of the Adult Survivors Act, a New York law permitting victims of sexual abuse a one-year window to file civil action regardless of the statute of limitations.

The filings detail acts of sexual assault, beatings and forced drugging allegedly committed in the early 1990s by Combs, then a talent director, party promoter and rising figure in New York City’s hip-hop community.

One of the accusers, Joi Dickerson, said she was a 19-year-old student at Syracuse University when she agreed to meet Combs at a restaurant in Harlem in 1991. After their date, Combs “intentionally drugged” her, then took her home and sexually assaulted her, according to the filing.

Without her knowledge, Combs videotaped the assault and shared it with several friends in the music industry, the suit alleges. The public exposure sent Dickerson into a “tailspin”, contributing to severe depression that landed her in hospital and forced her to drop out of college.

Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop: A Bad Boy Story screening – London
Cassie Ventura with Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs in London in 2017 (Ian West/PA)

In a separate lawsuit, an unnamed woman accused Combs and an R&B singer, Aaron Hall, of sexually assaulting her and a friend, then beating her several days later.

The woman — identified only as Jane Doe — said she and her roommate returned to Hall’s home with him and Combs after a music industry event in 1990 or 1991. The accuser said she was coerced into having sex with Combs. Afterwards, as she was getting dressed, “Hall barged into the room, pinned her down and forced Jane Doe to have sex with him”, the suit says.

The victim later learned that her friend, who is also not named, “had been forced to have sex with Combs and Hall in another room”, according to the suit. “Upon information and belief, when Combs finished with Jane Doe, he and Hall switched, and they commenced assaulting Jane Doe’s friend,” the suit says.

A few days later, an “irate” Combs allegedly showed up at the home of the two women in an attempt to stop them from speaking out about the abuse. He then choked the woman identified as Jane Doe until she passed out, the suit says.

In an emailed statement, a spokesperson for Combs denied the allegations, accusing the two women of seeking to exploit the New York law that temporarily extended the statute of limitations.

Tyrone Blackburn, a lawyer for the unnamed accuser, said his client is in the process of securing medical documents and witness statements to support her suit, which was filed late on Thursday “in an effort to preserve the statute of limitations”.

The suit brought by Ms Dickerson says she filed police reports in New York and New Jersey after the abuse.

After the alleged filmed assault, Ms Dickerson said she approached friends in the music industry asking them to confirm the existence of the “revenge porn” tape, but was rebuffed by those who were “terrified that Combs would retaliate against them and that they would lose future business and music opportunities”.

In the years after the alleged assaults, Combs, now 54, found his own music label, Bad Boys Records, helping to produce Mary J Blige and Biggie Smalls on his way to becoming one of the most influential hip-hop producers and executives in the genre.

The new lawsuits follow a separate set of explosive allegations made last week by Cassie Ventura, who said Combs subjected her to a pattern of abuse during their years-long relationship, which began in 2005 when she was 19 and he was 37.

She said Combs plied her with drugs, subjected her to “savage” beatings, and forced her to have sex with male prostitutes while he masturbated and filmed them. When she tried to end the relationship in 2018, Combs raped her, she alleged.

The lawsuit was settled the day after it was filed for an undisclosed sum.

In a statement shared by her lawyers, she said she wanted to resolve the matter “on terms that I have some level of control”.

Combs said: “We have decided to resolve this matter amicably. I wish Cassie and her family all the best. Love.”

By Press Association

Latest World News

See more Latest World News

Hungarian parliament

Hungary’s parliament votes to ratify Sweden’s application to join Nato

St. Vincent Grenada Hijacked Yacht

Hijackers threw elderly couple overboard after capturing yacht, police say

Father Felice Palamara was presiding over Mass in the small town of Cessaniti, Calabria, in the southern region of Italy when he noticed an acrid smell coming from the wine

Priest handed poisoned chalice after mafia hitman spikes holy communion wine with bleach

WTO director-general Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

Global economy weighed down by war, uncertainty and instability, says WTO chief

Donald Trump and his lawyers

Trump to appeal against £350m judgment made against him in fraud lawsuit

Damaged buildings seen after Russian forces completed their takeover of Avdiivka

Ukrainian troops pull back again amid Russia’s onslaught in east of country

Tunisian Imam Mahjoub Mahjoubi speaks at his home in the town of Soliman, February 23

Imam deported from France after labelling tricolore flag 'satanic' despite living in the country for 40 years

Gerard Depardieu

French actor Gerard Depardieu faces another sexual assault complaint

A Lebanese army vehicle blocks a road leading to a warehouse which was destroyed by Israeli air strikes

Israel’s air force attacks Hezbollah targets ‘deep inside Lebanon’

The protester identified himself as Aaron Bushnell, 25

US airman Aaron Bushnell, 25, dies after setting himself on fire in protest over Gaza war

The Norwegian Dawn has been banned from docking.

Cruise ship 'hit with cholera outbreak': Thousands stuck 'floating aimlessly' in quarantine off Africa coast

A protest by farmers outside a meeting of EU agriculture ministers in Brussels

Angry farmers clash with police near EU’s headquarters in fresh show of force

Tributes to Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny

Prisoner swap for Navalny was in final stages before his death, associate says

The boys were trapped in the cave for several weeks

What happened to the Thai cave rescue boys and where are they now?

Japan's robotic rover on the Moon

Moon lander sent by Japan survives second lunar night

Palestinian PM Mohammad Shtayyeh has stepped down from Government due to the ongoing conflict

Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh resigns amid calls for reform