Iain Dale 7pm - 10pm
James O'Brien's Brexit Top 10: 2. His Unmissable Exchange With Jacob Rees-Mogg
22 August 2019, 11:40 | Updated: 23 June 2021, 09:44
James O'Brien's unmissable interview with Jacob Rees-Mogg about Brexit is at number two in the countdown of his top 10 clips.
- 10. The van driver being put out of business by Brexit
- 9. When a Tory MP called James O'Brien to try to defend Brexit
- 8. "Which EU law are you looking forward to losing?
- 7. The caller who voted for Brexit because of three-pin plugs
- 6. Taking apart Dominic Raab one statement at a time
- 5. James's epic row over the Northern Irish border
- 4. Tearful Leave voters calls in to apologise for backing Brexit
- 3. When a four-time Ukip candidate called in
While James enjoys his well-deserved holiday, we're counting down the top 10 James O'Brien clips on Brexit.
And this is one of the most famous. On the day of a key vote on Theresa May's withdrawal agreement, James spoke to the leader of the European Research Group.
And as soon as James asked: "Why has it all gone so wrong?" it was clear the pair would clash.
The Brexiter said: "What can I see? I can see the opportunities of cheaper food, clothing and footwear, helping most of all the incomes of the least well off in our society..."
But James interrupted: "Absolutely nobody agrees with you, even the Sun newspaper withdrew these claims."
Mr Rees-Mogg hit back. "This is a wonderful opportunity for our nation, you should rejoice and be proud of what our country could do."
James replied: "I was hoping to have reasons for rejoicing at the end of this conversation."
The interview has sparked a huge reaction, watch it in full below.
Come back tomorrow for the number one!